Monday, March 9

Green Thumb or Brown Thumb?

Monday, March 9

Food: Breakfast - Quaker Weight Control Cinnamon Oatmeal - 160

         Lunch - South Beach Diet wrap kit - 240

         Snack - yogurt - 60; snack bar - 100

         Dinner - not sure yet, maybe falafel.

Total Food: 560 +dinner

 

Self-Confidence: 8

 

3 full weeks till the 5K.  I need to buckle down on this training.  I did some speed drills last week that went nicely.  Today, I'm going to run the 4-mile path set up by the Gulf Winds Track Club.  As I've mentioned, this course is pretty hilly, and there is one killer hill right in the middle.  I'm hoping if I run the longer courses, then when it comes time to do the 5K, it should be a piece of cake. 

 

Tomorrow I'll do some legs & abs hopefully.  Maybe do a quick 20min on the stationary bike at the gym - heck, maybe I'll get really crazy and bike to work.  Its spring break, so I don't need to go to campus during the week, thank God!

 

I ended up not getting in any training this weekend, even though I was thinking about going for a swim.  Instead, I planted seeds to start a vegetable garden and went tooling around on our motorcycle with Steve.  All in all it was a good weekend, just needed one more day off, as usual.

 

I'm compling a grocery list right now.  Since its going to be nice the majority of this week, I have several meals I plan to grill.  This week, I'll be doing the typical brats/dogs w/ onions & peppers and grilled potato slices.  I'll also be making some grilled Moroccan Chicken.  I haven't tried this recipe, but it sounds good.  I'll probably pair it with a quinoa risotto that I like to make.  Next week maybe I'll grill up some flank steak for fajitas or some tuna skewers.  I'm craving cliantro & lime for some reason. 

 

I'm hoping to start a small vegetable garden.  I started 6 seedlings each of tomatoes, green peppers (hopefully I can get some red peppers out of it too), cucumbers, and jalapenos.  The herbs I did 4 seedlings each of cliantro, rosemary, and oregano.  If all goes well, I'll start working on fall/winter veggies.  Onions in particular, maybe some regular and sweet potatoes.  I also planted some flowers to attract bees (hopefully they grow, started from seeds).  I'm pretty sure I need bees to pollenate my cucumbers.  If they don't flower in time, then I might plant some  Confetti Lantana (which, I might do anyway because I like them).  I'm actually hoping we take a trip to the nursery next weekend.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I just hope my hydrangeas survived over the fall/winter. 

 

0 comments: