Saturday, March 29

So over home improvements...

Saturday, March 29
So, we finally finished all the "public" areas of our house. Now, we're starting on the closets. And, oddly enough, we may end up having to buy another box of wood unless we can attempt to salvage some cut ends somewhere. I can't believe we bought more than the recommended 10% overage and we're still going to come out a little short. Maybe its because we had to cut each start and end piece, whereas some woods come in random lengths (ours were all the same). But, what can ya do. What's another $50 at this point right?

Anyway, because of our never-ending project, I'm missing a BBQ at the pool. While, as much as I really really really really want to be in the sun with a burger and beer, I would rather have this annoying project finished so I never have to lay glue for the rest of my life. So, I'm making up some chili dogs and then going to eat them (maybe on the porch so I can get some fresh air) then its back to the grindstone. At least we maybe have a total of 60 boards to lay maximum, which, in reality is nothing. And just thinking about finishing up the paint gives me a headache!

1 comments:

sunshine3080 said...

Not to worry. I think there'll be lots more pool and summer relaxation in the coming months. Glad you're almost DONE! That must feel great. See you soon.