Thursday, April 10

Good Fences Make Good Neighbors

Thursday, April 10
Unless the issue is in the front yard...



One day I'm leaving for work, and I notice a huge back-hoe in my neighbor's front yard. Now, keep in mind, he has the corner lot, so, its in the corner of his front yard for the world to see. I also notice a HUGE hole dug out from his yard. That afternoon, Steve went over to go find out what he was up to, and he told Steve that he was putting in a fountain. My first thought was, "A fountain or a swimming pool??"



Then, a few days later I come home, and all of a sudden a mini jungle has sprouted in his yard. TONS of foliage and TONS of flagstone and other rocks had appeared during the work day. Not to mention a DEER on his porch. Now, I'm all for koi ponds and creative landscaping, but, there is a fine line from creating the secret garden vs. a complete gaudy mess. This is what it looked like:







Well, yesterday he finally finished the project - or, at least he says its finished. Hopefully, this is all there is to it. It even includes a lamppost, and a bridge to nowhere!





I guess I just have to be glad that we live uphill & next door to him instead of directly across the street!

2 comments:

Kigozi Petero said...

I can handle everything but the deer. I'd trade the deer for some koi. Ug.

The Taylor Family said...

Jess...this is absolutely crazy! In FLORIDA??? Maybe in Colorado I could see this but that's a riot!! Miss you tons