Monday, March 24

Tired & Unmotivated

Monday, March 24
Ahh, Monday.  Most people hate Mondays, but today I am loathing it for some reason.  Generally my Mondays aren't too bad since I have class at 2pm and the lectures are usually short.  I'm generally done by 3 or 3:30 depending on whether I stay for the lab session (which, that depends on my mood).  Though today I'm contemplating doing the lab before class, then taking off after the lecture.  I really need to hit the gym today and then also go home and finish the hardwood in the office.  We have about 12 rows left to lay. 
 
Yesterday we were completely worthless.  We got up early to go to church, then took off after communion.  There were SO many people there that we ended up sitting in the side chapel area and got to watch the service via LCD.  An interesting experience to say the least.  Then, we hit up the store to pick up goods for a salad I made for our Easter brunch over at a friend's house.  Now, Steve and I had given up alcohol for the last half of lent.  It was approximately 3 weeks of no-drinking what so ever.  Long time for us!  So, yesterday was the first time we had cracked open a beer in awhile.  Well, 2 beers and a few mimosas later I had a wicked buzz!  After brunch, we went home and I passed out on the couch.  I woke up about an hour later with a killer headache, no doubt from dehydration - but these were just experiences I wasn't used to. Generally I don't feel such ill effects from drinking, but maybe that's because I particpated in it too often?  Its not like I got wasted on a daily basis, but the after work beer was always necessary (especially considering my job and the office where I work, but that's a blog for another day).  So, I dunno, I think I'm going to confine my drinking to happy hours and parties/special events these days and see how it goes.  Or, unless I have a really craptastic day at work.  Now if I can only get over my caffiene addiction things life will be great. :)

0 comments: