Tuesday, March 4

No More Carpet!!!

Tuesday, March 4
So, FINALLY around 11:30 last night (way WAY way past my bedtime) we finished pulling up all our carpet, carpet pads and tack stripping. Now, our house is super ghetto looking.  But, its all temporary.  We'll finally start putting in our floors this weekend.  My dad from VA flies down on Friday afternoon.  We'll probably spend Friday night doing a little more prep work and then hopefully just get our rears up at the buttcrack of dawn on Saturday and then knock a crapload out.  Ideally, I'd like to finish by Sunday or even mid-Monday.  That way, I can take some time to rest before I go to work on Thursday.  So, me, being the idiot I am, agreed to give a presentation on Tuesday.  Well, my dad is still going to be in town.  I should have tried to push it back until Wednesday.  But, oh well.  I'll just go in Tuesday morning, give the presentation then leave when its over. 
 
On another note, we inherited 2 more cats!  Our friend moved down to Miami and doesn't have his own place yet (he's staying with family friends).  Anyway, his lease in Tallahassee was up last weekend, and two people who were supposed to take his cats fell through.  So, his last option was either us, or the shelter.  And, so I think we were a much better option.  Though, we're probably super stressing them out by first being in a new home, meeting two new cats (one who is a super fight picker) and then ripping up all the carpet and moving stuff around in their "safe room."  But, they seem to be pretty well adjusted to our craziness.  Their names are Chubbs (yep, a big fatty long haired orange tabby) and Kitty (the only gal in our house, a gray and white tabby).  I would post pictures, but, seeing as how our computer and internet access are out of commission this week, photos will have to wait.
 
Anyway, I'm in dire need of a manicure (carpet work does nothing for your cuticles) - but that will have to wait until after the floors go down.  So, probably the next time I write, I will hopefully be posting before & after photos of our house!!  All I have to do now is not fall asleep at work today!

0 comments: