Monday, July 13

Halfway to 2010

Monday, July 13
Since I did a 1st quarter review of my "Resolutions", I thought I might as well do a 2nd quarter review as well. Helps keep me accountable (or at least that's what I tell myself).

Here it goes:

  1. Finish my Master's - Graduated May 2, 2009.
  2. Improve my 5K time and finish under 30 minutes (and then some) - My current PR is 28:35. You can verify here.
  3. Travel outside of the US - I made it to New Orleans and to Orlando. Do these count?
  4. Get back to my "Pre-Florida" weight - Still staying stagnat - I should change this goal, because, why the number on the scale is above where I used to be, the number on the tag in my jeans has decreased. Therefore, I consider my progress thus far successful.
  5. Prove to the world that 30 is the new 20 - I'm trying to remember what the heck I was even doing at 20. I'm going to guess gallavanting around Ellis Hall chasing boys. All I know, is that, I am definitely smarter than I was at 20, and, I make more money too. I also think I'm in better shape despite the fact I was swimming 20hrs a week back then.
  6. Become more well-read - In the last week I finished 2 novels. On The Road by Jack Kerouac (which, I loated every second of), and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown (which, I obviously loved because I finished it in a weekend). A few girlfriends and I have decided to start a book club. We're open to recommendations for our first book.
  7. Spend more time in my music - I can honestly say I've only opened my violin case once, maybe twice since the last update. Also, I'm not sure I've sat down at my keyboard in weeks either. Not doing so hot anymore.
  8. Get ahead in my career - I am in an interesting situation here. I've had an epiphany about my current position since March. All I can say, is that I'm having more positive experiences lately. I'm going to guess that there is some divine reason for this, and therefore am going to go with the flow for now.
  9. Participate in a triathlon - I'm being a wuss on this one. I can't seem to consciously commit to this. I want to do it, I really do. September 12 is still on my calendar. And, I've been training (kinda). But, I haven't actually signed up to compete. I think part of it is because I know I'll be flying solo. All the past races I've completed I've done with a buddy. I'm slightly nervous to do one alone. Steve will come watch and support me no doubt, but, I like knowing someone actually in the race. But, really. I need to sign up. That will be my goal for July.

0 comments: