Friday, July 24

Don't Read This Post...Really, I Have Nothing To Say

Friday, July 24
Don't say I didn't warn you.

This post is going to be filled with boring ramblings about what I did, or didn't do over the last week.

I'm writing this soley for my own benefit of feeling accomplished for updating my blog.

Really, I have nothing interesting to say.

On that note, if you ignored my warnings and are still reading, here is what I did this week:

  • Monday - Monday is my day off. It was a long time ago. All I really remember doing is going grocery shopping. Oh yeah. I also went for a kick-ass bike ride/run on the St. Mark's Trail. I did a 10mile bike, and a 2 mile run back to back. It took me 1hr and 8 minutes. The bike ride was 48 minutes, and the run was 20. Averaging a 10min mile running AFTER a long-ass bike ride is pretty good if you ask me. No. I have not yet signed up for the triathlon in September. Don't ask me what I'm waiting for because I'm really still in denial. Don't worrry. I'll get over it and eventually sign up.
  • Tuesday - Tuesday was also a long time ago. I honestly can say, I don't remember doing much of anything other than editing churches in Nassau County (don't ask). Though, I did behave and go to the gym after work. I lifted upper body, and am still store in my chest & back to this day.
  • Wednesday - Wednesday. Hump Day. Yes, I'm somewhat immature enough that the phrase "hump day" still makes me giggle. It was my first day in two and a half weeks where I didn't have a meeting scheduled. You'd think I'd be excited. On the contrary, it made for a very boring and unproductive day. I also bet you're expecting me to talk about my workout. Well, sorry to let you down, but I blew the gym/pool off on hump-day!
  • Thursday - Here is where things get interesting. This is what I remember. Leadership meeting at work = fun. Girlfriend announcing her dissertation was accepted and will officially be a "Doctor" = extra fun. Going to chili's to celebrate said dissertation acceptance = super extra fun. Waking up at 3am to a husband who got sick off of Chili's = super extra NOT fun.
  • Friday - TGIF Y'all! (BTW - I am anal with the spelling of y'all. Most people think I spell it wrong. I'll go into this some other time). Started the day off with a 3 hour meeting - yes, started. That means 8am - 11am. Especially not 3 cabernets deep. Had a pretty mild day until about 2pm. 2-4pm ended up turning my brain to mush and giving me a headache. However, boss's retirement party was at 5:30. The potential for red wine is what kept me going. And delicious tasting food. So, I had said red wine and said delicious tasting food. Came home, talked to BFF for about 2 hours. Phone died (her father in law called) - ended conversation. Now, I'm sitting, with my glass of cabernet, a PS3 widow, contemplating playing Sims 3 and enjoying some psuedo alone time.
  • Saturday - Going to convince hubs to ride/run the St. Mark's Trail with me. Monday, there were some sketchy people. Now, don't get me wrong, I could probably easily kick their asses, but some things are just easier (and safer) with a boy present. :)
  • Sunday - Church (hopefully) then I have a phone date with an old BFF from Colorado. We're going to discuss work related matters - which, I unfortunetly won't get paid for. But hey, that will make me a better person, right?

So, if you're bored, and or offended that I'm not as interseting as you had hoped. All I have to say is:

I told you so.

FYI: For those who actually read and keep up with my blog (which are few and far between) - my current goal has been going *mostly* well. I've only missed 3 days out of the last 10. That's 70% for you math folks. I know I need to start over, in which case, yesterday would have been day 1. Its going to be a long (but rewarding) process.

0 comments: