Thursday, June 11

Where O' Where Have I Been?

Thursday, June 11

Feel free to point out that I've neglected my blog over the last month or so. Since I generally use this as a tool to keep myself accountable for my workouts you can pretty much guess I haven't really been working out. I've been swimming a little, but not consistently. This is about to change.

I figure, what better way to get back into blogging than to review my New Year's Resolutions?

  1. Finish my Master's - I FINISHED and have officially been awarded my degree!!
  2. Improve my 5K time and finish under 30 minutes (and then some) DONE!
  3. Travel outside of the US - really not sure if this will happen this year. One HUGE obstacle being that Steve gets next to nothing for vacation. There are still very tentative plans for a cruise the week of Labor Day, but, not sure we can swing it.
  4. Get back to my "Pre-Florida" weight - I'm pretty stagnant in this currently. I mentioned my workouts have been sporadic at best. Really need to get on goal #9 to help out with this.
  5. Prove to the world (or at least my friends) that 30 is the new 20 - So, I had an ok b-day. I turned 30 gracefully (I hope), and I know I'm probably healthier than the average 30 year old. But for some reason, I seem to LOOK older than I remember...no fair! But I guess I can cross this off. :)
  6. Become more well-read - Still working on this - Currently reading Jack Kerouac's On The Road. Been reading it for several weeks and should be finished by now - been distracted by The Sims 3 ;)
  7. Spend more time in my music - been slacking here as well. However, sounds like quintet will start back up next Wednesday. Better dust off the old violin.
  8. Get ahead in my career - since graduating, I've updated my resume and managed to toss it around at a few places. I'm also working on utilizing LinkedIn a little more. Even though I've read that the average user is in their 40s, I still think it has a lot of good information and resources. Leveraging social media is something I've been working on lately.
  9. Participate in a triathlon - I've been swimming, I've been running, and I've been biking. But, I've been pretty chicken about actually comitting to this whole triathlon thing. There is one in August. I need to bite the bullet and actually register. That will get my butt moving!

1 comments:

Christina said...

#9 - ju can do eeettt! :)