Tuesday, February 3

A Case of the Tuesdays

Tuesday, February 3
Training For: Springtime Tallahassee 5K

Cardio: 5-mile run 500
Weights: 0
Calories burned: 0

Food: Breakfast - Total Cinnamon Crunch w/ skim milk (213)
Lunch - Bistro To-Go Salad (360)
Dinner - unknown as of yet - but I think it might be a sandwich from somewhere
Total Food: 573 (pending dinner total)

Self Confidence: this morning - 4, this afternoon, 8

Running today felt great. I really needed it. The hour flew by. I am really excited about how easily running has been coming to me lately. My knees have also been cooperating which has been fantastic. I had been toying around with taking glucosamine, and finally decided to try it. I read up on it, and, the worst thing it can do to me is give me the placebo affect - which, whatever. I guess I've been taking it for about a month now. Most information I've read says it needs about 2 months before any real effects are noticed. So, I guess I'll keep taking them and see what happens. They were BOGO at Walgreen's, so, I have approximately 180 more pills to take (the dosage is 3 a day).

Anyway, this morning totally sucked. I'm out of coffee filters. Therefore, I stopped by Panera to get some coffee. Well, I don't even make it out the door before I spill some on my khaki's. Then, I get to work and go to put my lunch in the fridge, and the container I used to bring milk for my cereal leaked. Milk ALL over the bag. I am SO glad that it didn't get all over the $200 worth of school books in my backpack. I really despise milk, but yet I can't eat cereal without it. The thought of smelly dried milk all over my backpack really freaks me out and disgusts me. I know, I'm weird for not liking milk. I don't like eggs either - oddly enough our neighbor just gave us 60...yes 60 fresh eggs. I better start making more belgian waffles and cakes!

On another note, I am officially a biker chick! I passed the written test with 100% and only lost 3 points on the driving test. Whoo hoo! Now we just have to buy a bike....can anyone say, tax refund?? :) We've been looking at Yamaha V-Star 650s. Should be a good way to start - and, while Steve will probably want to get something more powerful, I think I'm pretty good with a 650. We learned on 125's, so, this is a huge step up. Going to be doing a lot of practcing around Fallschase.

The registration for the Springtime 5K is finally open. I think I'm going to register Steve and I here pretty soon. I need to start running through Myer's park in order to get some hill training in. I think I've said this before....but I mean it this time!


0 comments: